Books Free Download A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (乙嫁語り / A Bride's Story #1) Online
Particularize Books Toward A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (乙嫁語り / A Bride's Story #1)
| Original Title: | 乙嫁語り 1 |
| ISBN: | 0316180998 (ISBN13: 9780316180993) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | 乙嫁語り / A Bride's Story #1 |
| Literary Awards: | Nihon SF Taishō Award 日本SF大賞 (2011) |
Kaoru Mori
Hardcover | Pages: 191 pages Rating: 4.23 | 7364 Users | 687 Reviews
Representaion Conducive To Books A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (乙嫁語り / A Bride's Story #1)
Acclaimed creator Kaoru Mori (Emma, Shirley) brings the nineteenth-century Silk Road to lavish life, chronicling the story of Amir Halgal, a young woman from a nomadic tribe betrothed to a twelve-year-old boy eight years her junior. Coping with cultural differences, blossoming feelings for her new husband, and expectations from both her adoptive and birth families, Amir strives to find her role as she settles into a new life and a new home in a society quick to define that role for her.
Point Containing Books A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (乙嫁語り / A Bride's Story #1)
| Title | : | A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (乙嫁語り / A Bride's Story #1) |
| Author | : | Kaoru Mori |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 191 pages |
| Published | : | May 31st 2011 by Yen Press (first published October 15th 2009) |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Manga. Graphic Novels. Historical. Historical Fiction. Comics. Romance |
Rating Containing Books A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (乙嫁語り / A Bride's Story #1)
Ratings: 4.23 From 7364 Users | 687 ReviewsArticle Containing Books A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (乙嫁語り / A Bride's Story #1)
This series of interconnecting stories about arranged marriages, set in Central Asia in the heyday of the Silk Road, centers around the figure of Amir Halgal married to a young boy to cement an alliance between her nomadic hunter/herder family and his settled village. As Amir adjusts to life with her new family, she also expands their horizons with her bright attitude and hunter skills, and comes to bond with them even as her attachment to her nomadic relatives still pulls at her. The gorgeousVery quickly this series has become a favorite. It's so different from anything I'd ever read.The story is set in 19th century Central Asia, near the Caspian Sea. The main character of this volume is a 20 year old woman named Amir, who is newly married to 12 year old Karluk. She is now living with his family as a wife, and has become well-loved by the family. First, the choice to make Amir so much older than Karluk was interesting to me. But you see that they have a wonderful relationship right
I happened to accidentally stumble upon this series in the library, today, and grabbed the first three on impulse. I will probably end up reading all three before I go to bed, tonight. The artwork of these books alone deserve five stars; that the story is sweet and interesting just makes it that much better. Seriously, everything is so detailed that I find myself staring at each panel, trying to drink up every penstroke. If you're into manga at all, I'd recommend this one.

I was so intrigued by the cover art on this book posted by a friend on social media, that I decided this would be a great title read in order to complete the graphic novel reading challenge category. I was a bit nervous picking up a Manga novel, but the beautiful illustrations and flowing storyline make it very enjoyable to read. It was closer to being an artistic experience, rather than just a typical read. I had planned to read Vol 1 to complete the challenge; however, now I must read the rest
What initially brought me to this manga was the beautiful cover art. Isn't it lovely? I was also intrigued because the character's costume looked distinctly central Asian to me, not exactly a typical manga setting. I'm very pleased to report that the art is every bit as beautiful on the inside as on the cover. Some of the panels are so intricately detailed that I just stared at them.The story itself is fairly quiet, slice of life stuff. It's the 19th century, and 20 year old Amir has just
I was a little bothered by the age difference in this one. I know it's historically accurate and that it would have happened the opposite way too, but I really prefer my couples to be at least 15 years old and within 3 years of each other. I make exceptions, but this one is still in the squick zone...If you can get past the age difference (which is difficult because they mention it either subtlety or blatantly every few pages), the story is very sweet and interesting. I liked the family dynamics
This year I'm trying to read more manga. This is one of the series I chose to try out (Vinland Saga, Haikyu, and My Hero Academia are also on the list; we'll see how far I get in those). "A Bride's Story" is a historical drama series set in 19th century Central Asia that concerns the arranged marriage of a 20-year-old woman from a nomadic tribe to a 12-year-old boy of a sedentary one. Kaoru Mori tackles the subject and characters with sensitivity, but the main draw (at least so far) is her

0 Comments