Itemize Books As The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder

Original Title: The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder
ISBN: 0060175311 (ISBN13: 9780060175313)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Chick Lit (2009)
Download Free Books The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder  Full Version
The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder Hardcover | Pages: 395 pages
Rating: 3.69 | 9885 Users | 1450 Reviews

Define Based On Books The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder

Title:The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder
Author:Rebecca Wells
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 395 pages
Published:July 7th 2009 by Harper (first published January 1st 2009)
Categories:Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. American. Southern

Relation Toward Books The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder

 “Rebecca Wells has done it again….A new book full of Southern charm and unique characters…impossible to put down.”
Houston Chronicle

“Wells weaves that magic spell again.”
New Orleans Times-Picayune

For Ya-Ya fans everywhere, New York Times bestselling author Rebecca Wells returns with The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder. The creator of the literary sensations Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Little Altars Everywhere, and Ya-Yas in Bloom delivers an unforgettable new stand-alone novel about the pull of first love, the power of home, and everyday magic. No matter if you already adore the Ya-Yas or haven’t yet entered the miraculous world of Rebecca Wells, you are going to love—and never forget—Calla Lily Ponder.

Rating Based On Books The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder
Ratings: 3.69 From 9885 Users | 1450 Reviews

Crit Based On Books The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder
I tried to like this book, but it was just so boring. The characters were one-dimensional southern stereotypes. For example, everyone in the small town of La Luna, LA simply adored the main character, Cala Lily Ponder, and when her mother, M'Dear, died, the whole town rallied to raise Cala Lily. M'dear, a hairdresser, had healed people while doing their hair and was known to dance at odd times and places. This, paired with her worship of the Moon Lady (they live in La Luna, get it?), and her

This is the story of Calla Lily Ponder who grew up in the small town of La Luna nestled along the Mississippi River in Louisiana. We meet her family and friends, but most importantly her mother, whom she calls M' Dear. Call Lily has a wonderful loving relationship with her mom. They are best friends as well as mother and daughter. Everything Calla Lila is and grows up to become, is due to her mother and their special relationship. It is because of M'Dear that Calla Lily chooses to become a

I love Rebecca Wells writing. The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood is one of a few books that I can read over and over again and still enjoy. Having never lived in Louisiana, I dont know how accurate her depictions of the area arebut nevertheless, I was sucked in from the first page. I had high expectations for The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder having enjoyed Wells other books, and happily, there were traces of Wells throughout it.But, unfortunately, I have to echo what some other

Warning: Possible spoilersAfter reading several heavier books this summer, I was ready for a light read, and this book fit that bill fairly well. It's a good story, but I think it could have been a better story without all the Moon Lady nonsense. Like another reviewer said, I was quickly hooked on the characters and had a good "four hankie cry" when M'Dear died, but a lot of the book felt like a first draft. There was a lot of repetition in the first two chapters that seemed unnecessary and

Almost everything I read in this book I had read somewhere else.Much of it came straight from Cassandra King's "Making Waves" - about a small-town Southern girl who opens up a hair salon once run by a family member, with several scenes taking place in the Big City of New Orleans. I wasn't a huge fan of that book either, to be fair.The dramatic twist: a family member intercepts the love letters between the young couple and never tells them! The boy and girl write each other nearly every day but

What in the world happen here Rebecca? Seriously? I've waited a year and a half to read this book? I don't understand. The three YaYa books were magical. I couldn't put them down. I was so excited to find this one at the library that i snatched it up. Was i ever disappointed. I could barely finish the thing. There were no magic. No feelings of warmth. Nothing to make me care for Calla Lilly of anyone in this book. In fact it makes me wonder if Rebecca lost her edge here. I was so emotionally

This book is a bit too long and slow to be a pure fluff beach read, and the writing just isn't good enough for it to be a serious novel, although it tries. The characters come off as cliches and Calla Lily's small town Louisiana home is hard to buy as an actual place. The story is also thick on the melodrama and tries too hard, especially in trying to bring social issues into the story in an effort to portray her characters as progressive for their time. The high drama: Calla Lily witnesses a