Download Books Online Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News
Particularize Books To Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News
| Original Title: | Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News |
| ISBN: | 1570089264 (ISBN13: 9781570089268) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Setting: | United States of America Salt Lake City, Utah(United States) |
Stephen E. Robinson
Paperback | Pages: 125 pages Rating: 4.5 | 14541 Users | 868 Reviews
Narrative During Books Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News
Author Stephen Robinson illustrates the power of the Savior as he uses analogies and parables, such as his own bicycle story, and scriptures and personal experiences in this moving, best-selling book.“Mortals have finite liabilities,” he explains, “and Jesus has unlimited assets.” By merging the two, exaltation can come. As long as we progress in some degree, the Lord will be pleased and will bless us.
We must not only believe in Christ but also believe him — believe that he has the power to exalt us, that he can do what he claims.
People will better understand the doctrines of mercy, justification, and salvation by grace after reading this book.

Be Specific About Regarding Books Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News
| Title | : | Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News |
| Author | : | Stephen E. Robinson |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 125 pages |
| Published | : | November 1st 2002 by Bookcraft Pubs (first published January 1st 1992) |
| Categories | : | Religion. Christianity. Lds. Nonfiction. Church. Spirituality. Inspirational. Christian |
Rating Regarding Books Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News
Ratings: 4.5 From 14541 Users | 868 ReviewsAppraise Regarding Books Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News
The concept of this book is pretty simple: Robinson distinguishes between "believing IN Christ" and "believing Christ." The idea is that while many of us believe in Christ's divinity - His role as the Son of God and the Savior of mankind - too many don't believe Christ when He says He can save us personally. Robinson always shares an important "saved by grace" emphasis that is helpful in an all-too-often works-based Mormon culture. "Believing Christ" has become a favorite for Mormons in need of'He says He can get me into His kingdom despite my imperfections, and I believe Him.''Taken together as a single entity, the two of us, Christ and I, are perfect. I do not mean that we can become perfect later on. I mean that from the moment the partnership is formed in good faith, from the moment we have sincere faith in Christ, sincerely repent of our sins, and receive baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost - from this moment the partnership is celestial. ''... He never requires more than I am
This was a wonderful book to read-- especially during the Easter season. The author gives several analogies and examples that help us to understand our relationship with the Savior and what He has done for us and how that can apply to our everyday lives. I would highly recommend it.

I love this book--a short, easy to read explanation of the Atonement, grace and works. I recommend it for all youth--and adults. The part I appreciate the most is that at times I lose focus on what matters most in our faith--I get hung up on the good I need to do, the rules I need to follow, how successful I or my children are being, and I forget the Christ came not just as an example but as a Savior. I need to re-read this periodically to remember that I need the Atonement in my life at all
I can't believe it took me so long to get to this book, but I'm glad I finally read it. It wasn't much of a page turner for me, but I learned a lot. I guess "learned" might not be the best word. There were definitely some interesting facts and some great parables in there, but what this book really did for me was change my perspective. I knew about the atonement and understood its significance on an intellectual level prior to reading this book, but now I better understand the difference between
This book probably deserves more stars than I gave it, but I had had it recommended to me by so many people that I really had high hopes. I was told it would help me better understand the Atonement. In that, the book ultimately failed. I have had much more success with personal prayer, scripture study, and life experience.I feel obligated, however, to give the book at least two stars, because I know that it has indeed helped others, and it was not offensive in any way.
Again, this review is in answer to someone else's review who thought that the book was bad, and lead to spiritual decadence because we no longer worry about striving for perfection if we trust in Christ to perfect us. After I took the time to respond to their review, I decided that the response deserved to be posted here as my review:The real question is, if the book is so bad, then why did Elder Oaks so strenuously praise it? It is one of a very few books actually RECOMMENDED in the Ensign by

0 Comments