Download Books For Home Repair Free Online
Particularize Books In Favor Of Home Repair
| Original Title: | Home Repair |
| ISBN: | 006173456X (ISBN13: 9780061734564) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Liz Rosenberg
Paperback | Pages: 352 pages Rating: 3.17 | 683 Users | 167 Reviews

Point Containing Books Home Repair
| Title | : | Home Repair |
| Author | : | Liz Rosenberg |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 352 pages |
| Published | : | April 28th 2009 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published April 17th 2009) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit |
Ilustration As Books Home Repair
Can lighting really strike twice? Just ask Eve, whose husband walks out on her in the middle of a garage sale.Eve's beloved Ivan died thirteen years ago in an automobile accident. Her charming, boyish Chuck has taken a different exit out of her life: hopping into his car in the middle of a garage sale with no forewarning and departing their formerly happy upstate New York home for points unknown. Now Eve's a boat adrift, subsisting on a heartbreak diet of rue, disappointment, and woe-left alone to care for Ivan's brilliant teenaged son, Marcus, and Chuck's precocious, pragmatic nine-year-old daughter, Noni, while contending with Charlotte, Eve's acerbic mother, who's come north to "help" but hinders instead.
But life ultimately must go on, with its highs and lows, its traumas and holidays, and well-meaning, if eccentric, friends. A house and a heart in disrepair are painful burdens for a passionate woman who's still in her prime. And while learning to cope with the large and small tragedies that each passing day brings, Eve might end up discovering that she's gained much more than she's lost.
A poignant, lovely, funny, and ultimately uplifting story of love, family, and survival, Liz Rosenberg's Home Repair is an unforgettable introduction to a lyrical, wise, and wonderfully vibrant new literary voice.
Rating Containing Books Home Repair
Ratings: 3.17 From 683 Users | 167 ReviewsCritique Containing Books Home Repair
Home Repair, Liz Rosenbergs novel, is a book I started midday, thinking I would dip into at a leisurely pace. After a couple of chapters, life beckoned and I had to put it down. That night, at 3:00 A.M., I was wide awake wondering just how all these lovable, wacky, real characters were faring. I couldnt put the book down again until all reports were in. Theres such artistry here. The plot zigzags with second act surprises and laugh-out-loud dialogue. No other novel I have read in the last fewIt was suggested to me that I read this book. A friend of the author had read my blog and told me this book might be one Id like. Ive been wary of books offered up to me. Lately Ive had nothing but disappointments.Not this book. Not sure how the friend of the author knew this, but this book was an absolutely perfect match for mea main character, Eve, who has been widowed and now abandoned by a second husband, leaving his family during a garage sale, no less. Left with two kids to raise. A shaky
Really good book. Enjoyed this one a lot, fast read with depth.

I am fussy as heck but really liked this book. It seems to me far superior to most of the books that have been so highly touted this spring and summer. I'd much rather read a book like Home Repair than the Water for Elephants, Secret Life of Bees, or even that Potato Peel club. Enjoyed the beauty of the prose here and the twists and turns the characters take. Again, don't want to include a spoiler but there were some genuine plot surprises here that knocked me out.
Best novel I've read so far this year. Laugh out loud funny. Great book about being dumped when you least expect it.
very much enjoyed this book, will add it to my permanent library. reads very quickly
Only a few pages in I was already engrossed and connected with the characters. After a few chapters, the thought suddenly ocurred to me: This author doesn't waste a single word! Every word... every sentence... is beautifully crafted and important to the story. It is a joy to read and a wonderful respite from busy days. The depth of story is thought-provoking and uplifting. As I finished it, I was glad to be living.

0 Comments