Specify Books Supposing Josie and Jack

Original Title: Josie and Jack: A Novel
ISBN: 0618441433 (ISBN13: 9780618441433)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Pennsylvania(United States)
Free Josie and Jack  Download Books Online
Josie and Jack Paperback | Pages: 256 pages
Rating: 3.59 | 1737 Users | 243 Reviews

Ilustration Toward Books Josie and Jack

In Josie and Jack, Kelly Braffet gives us a deliciously dark, suspenseful debut novel in the tradition of Patricia Highsmith.

Beautiful, brilliant, and inseparable, Josie and Jack Raeburn live a secluded, anarchic existence in their decaying western Pennsylvania home. The only adult in their lives is their rage-prone father, a physicist, whose erratic behavior finally drives them away. Without a moral compass to guide them, Jack leads Josie into a menacing world of wealth, eroticism, and betrayal. His sociopathic tendencies emerge, and soon Josie must decide which is stronger: the love and devotion she feels for her brother or her will to survive.

From its opening page to its shocking climax, this contemporary Hansel and Gretel story is compulsively readable and hugely entertaining.

Define About Books Josie and Jack

Title:Josie and Jack
Author:Kelly Braffet
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 256 pages
Published:February 4th 2005 by Mariner Books
Categories:Fiction. Young Adult. Dark. Contemporary

Rating About Books Josie and Jack
Ratings: 3.59 From 1737 Users | 243 Reviews

Write Up About Books Josie and Jack
I can't believe the great reviews of this book! I have a few gripes but my biggest one is the main character Josie. I know that not all females are going to be written as strong characters or even likeable characters but Josie was a complete non entity. She just floated through life like a piece of c&ap and just...did....nothing. Never made a decision, never had an opinion. Never did anything that wasn't suggested by others even if it was something she really didn't want to do. And not

This book is one of the best I've ever read, and a favorite. It's a lyrical story about an incestuous relationship much like Francesca Lia Block's 'Wasteland' and McEwan's 'The Cement Garden', but is more raw and honest than 'Wasteland' and has better character development and imagery than 'The Cement Garden'. Other than the title, which I feel is weak, Josie and Jack is a read I guarantee you've never read the likes of before.

The book was interesting and it hooked you but how Josie acted at the end was incongruous to her character throughout. Maybe if her discontent towards Jack was developed more it would make sense. But to kill him? I just cant see it.

I read this years ago and fell in love with the characters, writing and story. It's a beautiful, beautiful book that I would recommend to anyone who happens to bump into me whilst I'm reading it.I remember it was called something different then, though I may be mistaken.Will read again and write a better review.

I wholeheartedly regret reading it! Such a waste of time :(

Dnf @ 72%I really didn't get this book. At all. Way way too preachy and not quite as dark as I expected. It started off intense then fizzled out half way through.

SPOILER ALERTI don't know what to think about this book. It's still freshly imprinted in my mind.I have mixed feelings. I just keep telling myself that things could work out better for them, at least for Josie. I mean they had so much potential after they have gone to New York, for example Jack could find himself a job. But why did Josie always followed and listened to him?Ok I get it, tough childhood, they had only one each other, but stil... she knew when he started to change. I mean even the